Saturday, May 4, 2024

Eating from the Same Plate

I wonder what and I wonder who

Could ever unite the Red and the Blue.


I’ve lived in a sea of Red and I’ve lived in a sea of Blue.


I know people on both sides who

are good and some who are bad, too.


In many ways it doesn’t matter if we are Red or if we are Blue. 

We all love our families and we all love our friends 


We all help our neighbors and

we’ve all worked hard for the money we spend


None of us feel good about the feelings of hate

Cause in reality we are just eating from different sides of the same plate.


Let’s not be duped. Let’s not be conned

By the screens that we watch that profit by leading us on.


There’s lots money made by buying and selling hate

I hope we remember who we are before it’s too late.

No comments: