Saturday, November 9, 2013

Out of the Box

I am locked in a small cell with an open door.
I am afraid to look outside for fear of being confined even more.
Suddenly I take a risk. I run outside and I jump in the air.
I breathe in the sky and think if I'm caught I don’t even care.

But I am caught - and locked this time inside a very small box.
I hear the top close. I hear the sound of the locks.
I cannot move. I cannot breathe. It feels like something Satanic.
I am losing control. I am near the edge of an unthinkable claustrophobic panic.

When suddenly I relax
and fall into some inner space
Where I feel safe, quiet. No fear. No fear at all in this inner place.
Now I am grateful for the tormentor who is forcing me to see.
The way out of the box is to stop fighting, let go, and just be inside of me.

I realize now that I am awake but not moving because I want the dream to return.
Instead I am getting up to go to the bathroom to forget what I just learned.

No comments: